Heat Power Department
Dean - Associate Professor Konstantin Trubitsyn, PhD.
Heat Power Department was established in 1956.
The structure of the department includes a dean’s office, 4 chairs, a specialized chair Customs at Samara Customs, a data-computing center and 4 scientific training centers.
- Dean's office (dean is Konstantin Trubitsyn);
- Chair of Industrial Power (head of the chair is Professor Anatoly Schelokov, Dr. Sc.);
- Chair of Thermal Power Plants (head of the chair is Professor Anatoly Kudinov, Dr. Sc.);
- Chair of Management and System Analysis of Heat Power and Socio-Technical Systems (head of the chair is Professor Mikhail Livshits, Dr. Sc.);
- Chair of Theoretical Fundamentals of Heat Engineering and Fluid Mechanics (head of the chair is Professor Vasiliy Kudinov, Dr. Sc.);
- Specialized chair Customs at Samara Customs Service (head of the chair is Vyacheslav Bataev, head of the Customs Post of Samara, colonel of Customs Service);
- Data-computing center (director is Margarita Kudinova);
- Scientific and technical center for training and consulting “Customs” (director is Konstantin Trubitsyn);
- Center of Energy Saving and the Certification Authority (director is Anatoly Schelokov);
- Regional Scientific Training Center of Energy Efficiency of the Samara region (head is Maxim Derevyanov);
- Engineering Center of Computer Modeling and Energy Audit (head is Vasiliy Kudinov).
There are about 100 employees including 6 professors, 40 associate professors, 7 senior lecturers, 12 assistants, 20 engineers, technicians and laboratory technicians.
At present the number of students is as follows: Bachelor’s degree programs – 478, Master’s degree programs – 36, Specialist degree programs – 400, Postgraduate programs - 20.
The department trains students according to basic educational programs of higher education:
Bachelor’s degree program
13.03.01 – Heat and Power Engineering
Educational program specializations:
- Heat Power Plants;
- Water and Fuel Technology at Heat and Nuclear Power Plants;
- Industrial Heat Power Engineering;
- Power Engineering of Heat Technologies;
- Power Supply at Enterprises;
- Automation of Technological Processes and Production ( in Heat Power Engineering).
Bachelor’s degree program
13.03.03 - Power-Machine Engineering
Educational program specialization - Steam and Gas Turbines
Specialist degree program
38.05.02 - Customs
Master’s degree program
13.04.01- Heat and Power Engineering and Equipment
- 01.04.14 - Thermal Physics and Theoretical Heat Engineering;
- 05.13.01 - System Analysis, Management and Information Processing (in industry);
- 05.13.06 - Automation and Management of Technological Processes and Productions;
- 05.13.18 - Mathematical modeling, Numerical Methods and Complexes of Programs;
- 05.14.04 - Industrial Heat and Power Engineering;
- 05.14.14 - Heat Power Plants, their Power Systems and Units.
Our graduates find jobs at the largest industrial enterprises and companies such as JSC Rocket and Space Center " Progress ", PJSC" Kuznetsov ", JSC " Arkonik SMZ ", JSC" SamREK ", JSC " Srednevolzhskaya gas company ", Samara branch of PJSC "T-Plus", PJSC "NC" Rosneft "(JSC" Samaraneftegaz ", LLC" RN-Yuganskneftegaz "), LLC" Gazprom transgaz Samara ", LLC" Modern heating technologies "and others.
Heat Power Department has contacts and agreements on cooperation with the following universities: Saratov State Technical University, Ulyanovsk State Technical University, Kazan State Power Engineering University, Ural Federal University; Ivanovo State Power Engineering University, Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Technical University), State University of Management; Russian customs Academy; St. Petersburg national Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, Saratov State University.
Foreign partners of our department: Leibniz Universität Hannover (Hannover, Germany), Università degli Studi di Padova (Padova, Italy),Қазақ Ұлттық Аграрлық Университеті (Almaty, Kazakhstan); University of Latvia (Riga, Latvia), Università degli Studi di Pavia (Pavia, Italy).
The main scientific fields:
- Development, research and the creation of a new heat generating and gas-powered equipment, development of technical documentation, scientific support in the first years of operation,
- Certification of production of energy equipment and fuel-consuming equipment;
- Expert examination of potentially dangerous objects of gas consumption;
- Heat and mass transfer in the surface condensing heat exchangers,
- Development of high-efficiency burners for combustion of liquid fuel in the heat producing units;
- Improvement of boiler plants using secondary energy resources;
- Improvement of water makeup preparation technologies at the heat power plant;
- Simulation and optimization of complex systems of different physical nature and scale combining technological, administrative, socio-economic and organizational structures;
- Computer modeling of energy processes and systems enabling to simulate with high reliability the thermal and hydraulic modes of operation of power plants, to determine the optimal direction of their reconstruction, to design new complex energy systems (heating networks of major cities, water supply systems, oil and gas pipeline systems and circulation systems of heat power plants, etc.);
- Carrying out qualitative and effective energy audit based on computer modeling of technological processes.